Being fit and healthy is essential, especially during this pandemic situation. It is crucial to have an excellent immune system to prevent yourself from getting Covid19 and other diseases. Now, the health concern is increasing, and thus nowadays, there is more emphasis on exercise and diet. People in Tirunelveli are advised to include more healthy food in their diet and exercise to stay fit and avoid fatal illnesses. Consuming more sugary and fatty foods harms one's immune system and leads to deadly diseases like obesity, diabetes, etc.
This article discusses obesity and diabetes, its symptoms, risk factors, and treatment.
But, first, let us understand the connection between obesity and diabetes.
How are obesity and diabetes-related?
People who are obese are more prone to get diabetes. A good body shape and figure are not essential because it enhances your look and appearance. A good body shape and figure are necessary to keep you fit and healthy and avoid harmful diseases like diabetes. Obesity is fatal. Obesity increases the fat deposits in the body. Fats hinder the cells from absorbing and using glucose, thus making the body develop insulin resistance. This leads to an increase in blood sugar levels and causes diabetes. Therefore, it is essential to maintain proper weight and figure to prevent obesity, one of the major causes of diabetes. In case you suffer from obesity or digestive problems, kindly visit a bariatric surgeon/gastroenterologist in Tirunelveli.
Why is diabetes so harmful?
Diabetes is a threatening illness as diabetes increases the risk of getting a heart attack. It also causes kidney failure. Diabetes can also lead to blindness. It weakens the immune system making one vulnerable to other diseases. So, it is essential to take care of your health to avoid diabetes. As obesity is one of the primary reasons for diabetes, it is crucial to keep a check on your weight and avoid eating unhealthy food. If you are suffering from obesity, it is advisable to do a bariatric surgery from a bariatric surgeon in Tirunelveli to avoid fatal illnesses like diabetes.
What are the symptoms of diabetes?
The following are the common symptoms of diabetes-
- Frequent thirst
- Increased urination
- Vision problems
- Reduction in weight
- Gain in appetite
- Sores that take time to heal
If you observe any of the symptoms above, it is advisable to visit a specialist in Tirunelveli.
What factors increase the risk of developing obesity and diabetes?
The following factors increase the risk of developing obesity and diabetes:
- High BMI: It is essential to keep a check on your weight and BMI index. Eating healthy and regular exercise is a must not to avoid getting fat but to get fit. It is essential to maintain a proper weight and keep a check on your BMI index, not because appearance matters but because health matters! It is not the question of looks and appearance; it is the question of health! And as the saying goes, "Health is Wealth." Higher BMI increases the risk of developing various problems like obesity and diabetes.
- Sweet foods: Excess of everything is terrible. For example, salt is used to give taste to the food, but excess salt spoils the taste of food. It is good when it is within the limit. The same goes for sugar and sweet foods as well. Excess of sweet turns your health bitter. It increases the chance of developing obesity and diabetes.
- No exercise: Not exercising or lack of exercising increases the risk of developing obesity and diabetes.
- Smoking and drinking: "Smoking and drinking are injurious to health." Tobacco and alcohol make one more prone to obesity and diabetes.
How can one prevent obesity and diabetes?
To prevent yourself from fatal problems like obesity and diabetes, it is essential to take the following preventive measures:
- Less sugar: As mentioned, excess of everything is terrible, even sweet! It is essential to avoid eating excess sugar to stay away from fatal problems like obesity and diabetes.
- Eating Healthy: It is essential to follow a balanced diet and include essential nutrients and vitamins in your diet to stay fit and have an excellent immune system. This further prevents you from having fatal problems like obesity and diabetes.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise is a must to stay fit and healthy and to avoid obesity and diabetes.
In this article, we discussed obesity and diabetes and how they are related to each other. We also understood the symptoms and risk factors that lead to obesity and diabetes. We also learned how to prevent ourselves from developing obesity and diabetes. Obesity is fatal and can lead to more significant problems like diabetes. So, in case you have obesity, it is advisable to visit a bariatric surgeon in Tirunelveli. Obesity is bad because it makes you look and it makes your health bad!