Dt. Befeena Christopher
Befeena Christopher, a well-presented self-motivated, and confident dietician with more than 7 years of experience in assessing, developing, and implementing patients’ nutritional needs and customizing nutrition programs for them. She has the ability to communicate complex and sensitive information about dietary matters in an understandable form to patients.
She has a proven track record of successfully promoting healthy eating habits to communities and suggest diet modifications to individuals. She is the 1st Bariatric Nutritionist in South Tamilnadu and her main motto is to work for obesity-related complications and reduce the burden of obesity and diabetes in the community.
Call to ask any question: 770-880-3335
- Nutrition Assessment
- Staff Coordination
- Supplements Evaluation
- Client Motivation
- Progress Tracking
- Nutrition Therapy
- Patient/Family Education
- Family Counseling
- Health Coaching
- Optimal Nutrition Plans
- Dietary Awareness Creation
- Nutritional Risk Management
Dr. Befeena Christopher
- BSC (Dietetics and Applied Nutrition)
- MSC (Dietetics and Applied Nutrition)
- PGDND (PG Diploma in Nutrition And Dietetics)
- Clinical Nutrition & Child Care Nutrition (VLCC)
- Specialist in Sports Nutrition (ISSA-USA)
- Certified Bariatric Counsellor(AABC)
Key Skills and Competencies
- Clinical knowledge of specialized prescribable dietetic products and medications.
- Experience of trialing and evaluating new and existing dietetic products.
- Experience in both hospital and community settings.
- Dealing with complex situations.
- Knowledge of infection prevention and control policies.
- Experience of working with the elderly, children, and individuals with special needs.
1) Fortis Hospital Bangalore (August 2013 – March 2014)
Worked as Dietician/ Nutritionist
2) Sakra World Hospital Bangalore (April 2014-August 2015)
Worked as Clinical Nutritionist
3) Velammal Medical College and research institute (From Sept 2015 till October 2016)
Worked as Senior Dietician(Head of the Department) and Clinical Nutritionist
- Conduct in-depth nutritional assessment and develop individualized diet plans for assigned patients
- Implement the devised diet plans in accordance to the nutrition standards of healthcare
- Perform regular follow through of plans and keep documentations of the same
- Provide individual and group counselling sessions to improve patients’ performance.
4) Al Rayan Hospital Bahrain ((From Feb 2017 till Jan 2019)
Part time & On Call Consultations
5)Body Science and Metabolic Disorders International Medical Center(BMIMC), China Medical University Hospital in Taichung, Taiwan (Feb 2019 till Nov 30 2019)
Bariatric Nutrition and Obesity Management Training
6) BariOSS Centre (Bariatric Obesity & Metabolic Surgical Speciality Centre)-Tirunelveli/Nagercoil/Tenkasi/Tuticorin (From Jan 1st till now)
Senior Dietician and Bariatric Nutritionist
Role / Duties